POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why I don't do design : Re: Why I don't do design Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I don't do design
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Oct 2009 14:50:20
Message: <4ad228ec$1@news.povray.org>
>> OK. Which formulas?
>
> First check out the thread in povray.documentation.inbuilt posted by SharkD
> ... titled "Problem with formula in blob ..." for background

All it seems to say is that there should be a "min" in there. What do
you actually want to change in the formula?

> then go to the
> Wiki section here:
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_4#Blob
>
> I've isolated the formula in question on a talk page so you can fiddle with
> it if you like.

I notice the brackets around the fraction aren't tall enough to enclose
it properly. You can fix it like so:

becomes

   \left( \frac{...}{...} \right)

I should perhaps also point out that, technically, when TeX sees
<math>cat</math>, it interprets it as "c * a * t", which probably isn't
what you want. Use <math>\text{\it cat}</math> instead. (There's a
subtle difference in the letter spacing - and also the typeface is
slightly different.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/